Chef Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
2,530 Posts
When I look at setting up a kitchen I look at whats needed "Fast" and how "Fast" I can replenish that container. This is also a question that needs to be asked when determining the size of the
Stainless Steel Refrigerated Sandwich Prep Table ......... Set up your menu and see whats needed from condiments. That will tell you what size unit you need. Then have a standup refer nearby to have backup containers of each condiment. The walk-in refer will hold larger containers of prepped condiments. You also need a easy to get meat only refer that will hold all your meats. This could be a under the counter small refer. It's also helpful to wait until you have the containers to set up your shelves in the walk-in.
Liquid Drinkware Fluid Beaker Laboratory equipment
I like these for the refer backup......and these for the walk-in backup
Plant Food storage containers Rectangle Food Ingredient

these are the make-up counter container that comes with the unit. You can buy
extra. When thinking about tomato backup think of a 2" full pan because tomatoes can't be stacked to high.
Food Tableware Ingredient Recipe Cuisine
Whats nice about the 2" full plastic is they stack nice in the
walk-in refer. The main thing for you right now is figuring out the menu so you know whats needed. Think like a health inspector when setting up a front line. If a front line doesn't have enough refer space and easy access to whats needed, then items will be life out during service that need to be kept refrigerated. ..........Good Luck.......ChefBillyB

Attachments

· Registered
2,530 Posts
For years we used Mayo and pickle buckets for many thinks around the kitchen. One being ice buckets, another being for house made dressings, Salsa and potato salad. As long as the buckets and lids were clean and labeled the Health dept never said a word. There are a lot worse things you could do in the kitchen. Using a mayo container wasn't a problem for any health dept in Washington and Oregon.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.