Chef Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Despite the heatwave, I made jam -- Apricot & Tonka bean. First time I've used tonka with apricots, it's amazing. Tastes like vanilla, caramel, bitter almond, and something spicy. Really kicked up the apricots to a different level.
Anyone else have good ideas for tonka bean?

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
How was the charcoal tonka ice cream? I've seen combos like that on UK Masterchef & Great British Menu.
I think apricot and tonka is very good, and I like also like tonka when it's part of a perfume.
I've seen the competitors on Masterchef etc. use vanilla and sometimes tonka with fish, but I really cannot see how it would work.

·
Registered
913 Posts
How was the charcoal tonka ice cream? I've seen combos like that on UK Masterchef & Great British Menu.
I think apricot and tonka is very good, and I like also like tonka when it's part of a perfume.
I've seen the competitors on Masterchef etc. use vanilla and sometimes tonka with fish, but I really cannot see how it would work.

You can't taste the charcoal really - if anything its a mildly smoky taste. Its there for the drama of the black really!

Not a fan of not being able to edit my post.
I stand corrected! If you click on the three dots top right of your post you can edit it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts