Chef Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

I just purchased a couple of Pavoflex ramp silicone molds but I'm having trouble unmolding the dessert I'm making with them. I've piped chocolate mousse into the cavities and frozen them for 2+ days in my walk-in freezer. When I pop the bars out of the mold, they don't unmold cleanly and I'm losing the nice detail. It *might* be the sugar content of my mousse but it's not particularly sweet. Would adding gelatin to the mousse help? Should I pan spray/cocoa powder dust the molds before piping in the mousse? Any tips/tricks/advice would be much appreciated! Thank you!

·
Registered
668 Posts
Maybe the air bubbles in your mousse are too large? Maybe the detailed parts weren't completely filled? Or maybe it got too cold after 2+ days that the mousse became brittle?

Air is usually the most common problem I have with unmoulding a Pavoflex. A mixture like carrot mousse that isn't quite homogenized gives me the most trouble. Filling the mould too fast leaving air pockets in the detailed parts is another common problem.

I don't have that particular shape so I don't know if maybe the shape you bought is inherently more difficult to unmould?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.