Chef Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
https://www.undercurrentnews.com/2018/07/30/us-foods-inks-1-8bn-deal-for-rival/

Just a lurker wondering how it may affect others.
FSA is my broadliner. I've aggressively used them in the last 3 places I've worked at, cutting ties with other broadliners that were in place. ~15 years
Hoping it's a smooth transition, if the powers-that-be allow the acquisition.

Also, if you're bored, feel free to complain about how much you hate your reps in this thread.

· Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah, you guys definitely have more exp than I.
I think if you dug up some of my old posts you'd hear me defending reps a bit. I... may have been lucky? I'm not going to poster-boy reps for broadliners, but I've had good exp with F S A

I did have a rep for a couple months who would drunk text me. She would be like, "oh hey I was just thinking about you because I noticed you were having a stressful day and I blah blah blah...". And I'd reply quickly thx, but it would turn into "I really care about you and I'm just thinking about you..." I mean, it sounds nice, but it was effing weird. I know how it sounds, but it wasn't a crush thing, it was a weird maternal... weird thing. Thanks for reading my blog.

I deal with a grunt load of local farmers. FC% comes second to local this time of year.
I talk to real, honest, dirty-handed people this time of year.
If they're charging less than a broadliner, I let them know.
This sounds like a brag; it's not. I find it really annoying that the FC% goes into the ether and we're paying $16/lb for goat chz instead of $7/lb. I honestly had a point when I started typing this out, but I've lost it. Vodka. FWIW I've actually deleted more text than I've left. I did specifically leave a space for a "post script". Here it is:

Here's a strange one: galbi on the menu. 1/4" cut. Broadliner = $13/lb frozen. Local meat cutter = $8/lb thaw?. Local supermarket = $7/lb thaw? So, yes, I have someone pick up galbi LA cut beef ribs from the supermarket once a week (50lbs).
How does that happen?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.