Chef Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5,192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering if anybody had any ideas for some sort of pottery sepatator to go between tiers?
I thinking for smaller cakes 14-10-6 or 16-12-8. Any ideas are welcome.
I'm a little embarassed because of macheezmo but I take pottery classes and getting good at throwing pots. Wanting to do something cake related.
pan

·
Registered
5,192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ya know, I was not thinking pillars but that is a great thought. They would be very easy to make. Bringing the leaves in is good to.
See, I just need something to start me. Now I'm thinking pillars with the plates attached. Maybe even cylinders, balls or triangles in the middle.
I had one thought, throwing a large vessel for between the plates and having the bride and groom come to the studio and leave their hand impressions or in colored slip on it before firing. Corny??

·
Registered
5,192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
If you use plates with legs that go through the cake a lot of weight can be place on the next layer. The priciple of straws should carry through to pottery. As long as it is seemless I don't think I will have problems.
I am now sketching some pedestals. cylinders and pots

·
Registered
5,192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
No! Thats a great point! Man there goes my second income. I assume the salt glazed will work, but I have to check on the glazed.
Momo, I know, I have never used straws, but everyone tells me how sturdy they are. But ya know everytime I try that thing with the egg, I crush it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.