Chef Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
166 Posts
I use mine alot for adding ingredients that I don't want folks to see. In the past I have made barbecue sauces with fresh onions, garlic, and other "things", that once pureed in the Vitamix & added to the sauce, you would never know what was in there. It's such a better way than adding dried spices...the flavors are incomparable. I have made barbecue sauces with both dried & fresh ingredients side by side...taste tests slanted heavily to the fresh sauces.

· Registered
1,668 Posts
VitaMix is by far the best and most versatile kitchen appliance of the many that I have. At 12 pounds, 1200 watts, and two brake horsepower, it will puree anything- including a cellphone in one of their old commercials. (They didn't offer a recipe with this demo.) If you're wearied with cooking, it makes the best frozen margaritas and frozen daiquiris you will over encounter.
Most busy bars have three or four in a row on their back bars.

Mike :rolleyes:

· Registered
3,364 Posts
Hmmm lets see - today I put a half pint of grape tomatoes, clove of garlic, fresh parsley, salt, some grated cheese, evoo and peperoncino in the blender and made a fresh sauce then deglazed a pan I cooked garlic Italian sausages in for a garlic bread dip.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.