Chef Forum banner

What are the three strangest things you've eaten in your lifetime?

28K views 127 replies 75 participants last post by  french fries 
Natto~ is that the Japanese ferminted soybeans that have an outrageously strong harsh flavor...if so that.

Grey gelantinous roll in a San Fransican Dim Sum Restaurant, I have no clue what it was....then or 15 years later now.

well....I guess to a non-cajun sucking crawfish heads would be pretty gross....

not an issue, I quit trying to talk people into eating crawfish a long time ago....7-10# for an adult at a boil is pretty normal....

savory as I recall but it was really blue/grey and cylindrical....

chicken feet are ok, as are tendons....started eating them with Chinese friends...

Though the fermented soybeans used in sushi were rank....the sushi guy said that they were an acquired taste....not sure that's an acquisition I would want.

I adore congee with 1000 year old eggs, salt pork and crullers....it is comfort food....I discovered it a couple of years ago and get it whenever I can.
* anyone got a good recipe for the congee and/or crullers?

I cannot figure out how the bone meal cleans teeth.....I ate um as a dare when I was pre-5.
My brother ate spiders for a penny, and banana peels....tough being a little brother.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.