Chef Forum banner
1 - 20 of 138 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There are many Quotes out there to name a few.
"Learning to Season in cooking is like learning to stickhandle in hockey; it's absolutely fundamental" by Chef Rob Fennie.:chef:

·
Registered
2,550 Posts
"Find something you're passionate about and keep tremendously interested in it."

Julia Child

"I would much rather be a chef who remembers I am a cook then a cook that thinks I am a chef."

Richard (Ric) Peterson

"Cooking is at once child's play and adult joy. And cooking done with care is an act of love."

Craig Claiborne

"The duty of a good cuisinier is to transmit to the next generation everything he has learned and experienced."

Fernand Point

·
Registered
732 Posts
From my pastry instructor, "you guys are all outstanding in your field, just like a farmer"

From another instructor " It all depends on how you hold your face"
" It's only the first 144 dozen that give you problems"(talking about tourning vegetables)

·
Registered
3,236 Posts
That is so fuuny CoolJ!
So is your new signature.

·
Registered
7 Posts
when an ill-prepared garde-manger was on his knees, head in the reach-in telling chef he was looking for and item on a first course going up:

chef comments from down the line "should you be looking for a new job while you're in there?"

painfully methodical but likeable prep cook when sous chef pressuring to complete a task:

"don't harsh my mellow"

·
Registered
47 Posts
1. Think of this as a character builder

2. Cooking is the application of heat and common sense.

3. Quick...get me the lobster gun!!

So many more quotes......so many sources

·
Registered
149 Posts
"...when you have made as many mistakes as I have then you can be as good as me..."

Wolfgang Puck

" I am not in the food business serving people, I am in the people business serving food"

·
Registered
818 Posts
ARE YOU BUSY ? WELL THEN I SUGGEST YOU WORK A LITTLE
F*^*ING FASTER .

ARE YOU COLD ? WELL WORK FASTER , IT WILL HELP TO WARM YOU UP .

ARE YOU HOT ? WELL WORK FASTER , THE BREEZE WILL HELP TO COOL YOU DOWN .

AND THE BEAT GOES ON ...........................

·
Registered
153 Posts
Proper prior planning prevents persistent piss poor performance

1 - 20 of 138 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.