Chef Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
7,662 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Cut on the bias and grill.

Julienne and stir fry with other veg if you have a wok. On a saute pan better cook it alone as hot as you can possibly get it or it gets over cooked mushy instead of charred.
This is a lot of squash believe me! Otherwise I would try a stir fry. And I admit I love the mushiness of overcooked squash in my omelette. I caramelize it and it's too good to believe.

I will try to get someone to fire up the grill, i think it will be good as @Lagom suggests.

· Registered
38 Posts
my simple favourite way to enjoy squash/pumpkin is when it has been well roasted until caramelized, and the same with carrots.

also soup seasoned with clove, cumin, and cardamom, with a touch of honey, is awesome.

you could make a soup of the roasted squash :)

· Registered
2,879 Posts
I make a killer Thai squash curry /img/vbsmilies/smilies/peace.gif

Or make into a soup?

I got my mind set on doing something with a butternut squash for the grilling challenge.......

· Registered
7,662 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks all for your suggestions. My mom got ahold of my squash and turned it into an omelet. It was good but I was hoping to get more creative with it. Next time!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.