Chef Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a stage interview tomorrow for a hotel but the problem is the HR staff that called me gave me very little information about it. Just told me to come at a specific time to meet with the executive chef and that is it.

Prior to that all i did was meet with my friend who referred me and the sous chef for like 10 seconds, handed me the application which i filled out and returned that day and that was it. no formal interview or nothing. So what I am confused about is would this be say just a regular stage where i can expect a formal interview and say 5-10 minutes to show case my skills or would this be one of those all day stages where they would want me to work the entire shift? tried to ask my friend about it but he doesn't speak good English but he thinks i start tomorrow despite they didn't ask if I was actually available for the entire shift.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Just expect to work the full day. Bring a sharpie a pen and a notebook to go in your pockets. Pairing knife, chef knife, peeler, some spoons and a pair of precision tweezers. Assuming you’re there for a cdp position they’d have all other equipment there for you to use. You’ll be asked to do some prep, you’ll talk to exec or cdc or whatever and sous and your fellow line cooks. Participate in service and help with cleaning up at the end of the night. Also probably eating a lot of food if they treat stages good.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts