Chef Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
5,192 Posts
Tried the roast thing in the engine back in the 70's running up 95 to go to JW. My buddy(always experimenting!) spent hours the night before getting this roast ready and we were going to feast when we arrived at school. Well we took off with this roast situated by the manifold of my Gremlin. Stopped in Conn. to pick up another guy and when we stopped smoke was pouring from the engine. This thing I guess was leaking. My buddy said he would fix it, I said I was going to kill him!. Well, we arrived in downtown Providence. I'm worried about parking and this nut could only think about the roast. We park and he jumps out to check the roast, opens the hood and NOTHING! It was gone! There was not even a trace of where the thing might have dripped.
It was pretty spooky even for me. People walking by asking if we had car trouble and my nutty friend telling them he lost his roast. He was on the ground under the car looking for this thing, I don't know I guess you had to be there.
Hot tarred roofs in NYC in the summer and always cooked my lunches in foil wedged someplace on the large tar cooker, always tasted a little funny, but the flavor left with a cold beer.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.