Chef Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

I work in a small restaurant in the Uk, we've recently needed to find an electronic system to get the checks from the front of house to the kitchen due to time constraints. I know you can get intergrated cash registers that send them direct to a kitchen printers but could anyone recommend any particular one and were to get it?

Also do you know if there's any other electric printer/computer system you've heard of that I could use instead (except intercoms)?

Thanks for any help!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Depending on the size of your shop and what reports you need to run, you might be better off with a PLU cash register with remote printers than a super expensive PC based system.

A PC system like Micros, Squirrel E.tc. is better if you need to have servers entering things from multiple stations, they are also better for analysing data for F. Cost, Labor, menu groups sales and can export the data to other programs like quickbooks or excell.

A good cash register with programable P.L.U's and remote printers do not let you do as much with the data, but are a lot cheaper and easier to set up and use.

I Manage a small cafeteria, and we use a samsung SER6500,
It cost about (US)$1,700 and printers are about $300, you can also add things like bar code scanners and scales if you are selling any food by weight.

Good luck, It is a big investment.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.