Registered
2,068 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Vernors?
Shasta?
Diet Coke?
Cream?

I know there's some opinions out there!

Mine is Dr. Pepper. Always has been always will be. LOL!

:D

[ June 25, 2001: Message edited by: cchiu ]

·
Registered
9,209 Posts
A & W Draft Root Beer is my current favorite. But I truly love sirop de cassis mixed in plain soda when I'm in Europe.

·
Registered
732 Posts
My favorite is gingerale, but I also like A&W rootbeer and all the pepsi products.

Here's a recipe for homemade gingerale :

2 cups water
2 cups sugar
2 cups sliced ginger

bring to a boil, turn heat down to a simmer and reduce to a syrupy consitsency. strain.

mix 1 oz syrup to 7 oz soda water and garnish with a lime wedge.

then with the ginger pieces that you strained out of the syrup, you can dust them with sugar and place in a 225 F oven (can't remember how long, think it's like 2-3 hours) and then you'll also wind up with ginger candy.

·
Registered
2,550 Posts
A Coke "Classique" for me please.

;)

·
Super Moderator
4,716 Posts
Green River-they actually now bottle it

Sprecher's Root Beer-Hands down, the BEST!!!!

Vernor's-the old recipe. I agree, the stuff now tastes different.

Nehi Grape Soda

and finally, Cream Soda

·
Registered
2,550 Posts
It's just another expression for soft drink, Chiliboy!

So, what's your favorite?

·
Registered
2,550 Posts
Make your own Cola

It's the real thing. Well, almost.

Simple syrup: 1 cup sugar + 1 cup water

1/2 cup seltzer or club soda
2 tablespoons simple syrup
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1 teaspoon lemon juice
pinch of cinnamon
baker's caramel (like Kitchen Bouquet) as required
ice cubes

Bring sugar and water to a boil, simmer, then cool. That is your simple syrup. In a glass tumbler, stir simple syrup, with vanilla, lemon juice, and cinnamon. Add club soda (carbonated spring water is fine too) then baker's caramel to produce the correct shade.

Blindfold someone and have fun.

;)

·
Registered
131 Posts
Old Dominion Rootbeer brewed locally in northern VA. Hands down the best. Also fresca, both the old formula and the new. Hey ChiliBoy, you can't be a midwest native if you don't drink pop! :)

·
Registered
347 Posts
Dear Friends:

Now that I think of it, I have not tasted a soda pop for at least twenty five years!

I love water with two slices of lemon and two ice cubes. I might go as far out sometimes as a Perrier.

I guess that If can not water my garden with it, I don't drink it! :D

·
Registered
131 Posts
oh Papa, you make me feel guilty for not drinking more water! I prefer lime in my water instead of lemon, and I do like it chilled. My oldest son is a trumpet player and consumes vast quantities of water to keep his lips in shape...I need to learn from my young 'uns I guess.

·
Registered
799 Posts
Whatever carbonated caffeinated beverage I happen to be swilling at the moment is my favorite. Actually I just came home from Bread and Circus with a 4 pack of Reeds Extra Ginger Brew. I went there to buy malted barley to make Craig Ponsford's Beer Bread, but all they had was I guess regular barley. Anyone know what's the deal with malted barley. And has anyone mentioned Moxie?

1 - 20 of 47 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.