Chef Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can someone please tell me where I can buy Perciatelli (the long noodle that is like macaroni-hollow inside but long?)

I cannot find it anywhere. Either Perciatelli or Ziti or Maccheroncelli.

I really want to find this pasta because my Greek Yiayia (grandma) always used to make MACARONIA (a greek noodle, butter, cheese dish) with these long big noodles. I make it with penne these days, but it just isn't the same! Can someone please help me?

I've searched the internet high and low and I can find are recipes involving this pasta, but no place to buy it.

I live in the Bay Area, California.

Thanks to anyone who can answer my question! :bounce:

·
Registered
3,853 Posts
If any of your local stores carries the DeCecco brand (from Italy), they make one. Good brand: their recommended timing is always perfect. I get it at my local supermarket. :)

·
Registered
2,550 Posts
Perciatelli is also known as Buccatini. They may be easier to find under that name.

·
Registered
2,550 Posts
Oh and welcome to Cheftalk, Poetess.

:D

·
Registered
75 Posts
a GOOD upscale gourmet market or an italian would certainly have it.it is gr8 fun when you but the extra long ones. id u are serving friends it's a good time.remember that you need a sauce that will get into the center of the tubes. inother words not a cream sauce anything but that .
good luck

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks all!

You wouldn't believe, I walked into a delicatessen (sp?), a place where I had looked for this pasta before with no luck, and lo and behold.......my noodles! (not my brain)

I was so excited I bought two big boxes in case something attacks their supply in the future and I can't find it again.

Thanks for that website tip, I'm going to try that- I'll send it to my yiayia because she has a hard time finding it too.

Poetess

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.