Chef Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I will start off by apologizing, because i'm sure this question has been beat into the ground.  However, I am having a difficult time narrowing down a selection, and when spending this much money I don't want to be disappointed.

I am an at home cook, and by no means a professional.  However, I do know my way around a kitchen and have decent knife skills.  I have decided I would like to purchase my first "real" knife.  I have looked at shun's and MAC's thus far. I of course have preferred the look of the shun knives compared to the MAC's. I am left handed which does seem to be an issue with the shun classic.  I am also looking for a cutting board to help preserve the edge of this knife as well, so any input there would be appreciated. 

My budget for the Knife is $200.  I am just looking for a nice knife I can have for years and get the "most bang for my buck" so to say.

Thanks for your time and input.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.