Chef Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
5,290 Posts
Is your question, who started to use the word steak. Or who was the first to cook meat. Cooking meat goes back way further. Most very old food critiics were from the time of Hominids./img/vbsmilies/smilies/biggrin.gif They say that when we humans started to develope into something like we are now. Nice jaws and smaller teeth, dental implants and plastic surgery,etc.The **** Erectus was probably cooking it's food. They had steaks on their menus, thus getting more protein out of the meat because they could consume more of it. The old restaurants before that only served raw meat and it took hours to gnaw on it. Waiters quit because they could only do one turn a night. So I guess cooking meat started in Africa and came to Europe with the HomoE's and the neanderthals.

BTW To all those Vegetarians and Paleos, meat, yes meat was one of the first foods./img/vbsmilies/smilies/wink.gif

· Registered
5,290 Posts
It wasn't old norse? That fat bastard spoke Norse, no? Wasn't Norse a completely different dialect with French roots?.  Since the Norse couldn't speak or understand the French, I think that would classify as the language of the Norse. No? Didn't the language spoken by the Norse went to english. I think. I don't think it went back to France and then went to english.

I'm not sure of any of this, Joe you probably have forgotten more on the subject then I know. 

I still think beefsteak came from the Neanderthals. When I'm in Philly and stand in line for one, the guy making it is always a Neanderthal.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.