Chef Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
332 Posts
I used to do tae-bo, but in the morning, not when I got home from work. It's pretty hard to do it with a beagle runt grabbing at your pants when you're doing high kicks. Tae-bo is great to GIVE you energy.

Unwinding, I find I do better if I take a walk outside with my dog or husband, than if I get home and do stuff like clean or just sit in front of the tv. MOre often than not, I end up sitting in front of the tv though. *Sigh*

When I go through really stressful times and it interferes with sleep, I have found journaling helps enormously. That way, your thoughts get out on paper instead of running around in your head.

~~Shimmer~~

·
Registered
332 Posts
Pretty soon here, we are going to move into a house with a yard. (That's the goal). Right now we live in an apartment complex where the dogs are required to be on leash. Our beagle is full-grown at only 14 pounds (!) so he's kind of a little guy. He gets out a lot of energy inside by chasing us around the house and chasing his toys, but it wears him out more to take him outside to chase the wild kittens and geese. He loves it.

We had to take out other beagle TO a beagle rescue because he was way too out of control. It's like giving away one of your kids, you know? But now the people that have him seem to have calmed him down a bit (like he doesn't bark EVERY morning at 4 AM, just some) which is good.

Bailey is almost 2, and the only thing I have been able to teach him is to sit, which he also does on his own when he wants something. He also knows the difference between his "buddy" (a stuffed dog), his ball, bone, squeaker, and "chewy." So if I tell him to go get one of those things when he has once again opened the kitchen cupboards or has started to tear apart a sock, it usually helps.

And, (sorry for you non-dog lovers, I didn't understand it either until I had one of my own), the funniest thing happened yesterday. I was sitting on the floor in front of the couch, with my legs stretched out in front of me, reading the newspaper. Bailey was trying to get my attention, so he leaped across my legs. I laughed at him, told him he was funny, so he ran back around to the same side and did it again. Cracked me up. :bounce:

We had thought having two beagles would be better than one, but Bailey refused to eat when we brought Dudley home. So I think one is better in this case. He likes being the only child.

~~Shimmer~~

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.