Chef Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,550 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
From Williams-Sonoma magazine TASTE

Cold weather calls for hot drinks. These time-honored classics are perfect to nurse on a long winter evening; they'll warm your hands, your palate and the cockles of your heart:
  • Hot buttered rum
  • Apple Toddy
  • Glögg
What's yours? :lips:

·
Registered
7,375 Posts
I still like Kahlua and coffee...
GOOOD hot chocolate with a hit of chambord or grand marnier...whipped cream on top
Alta Dena egg nog with rum
***This is not HOT but heats me....champagne, chambord and a few frozen raspberries, this time of year especially.

·
Registered
2,550 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Would you let me know what a "Snowshoe" is?? :confused:

·
Super Moderator
4,716 Posts
Hot Spiced Cider-spiked with rum or whiskey..... or is that rum or whiskey spiked with Hot Spiced Cider.....guess it all depends on the day I am having!!!!!

HOT CHOCOLATE-no booze (I can't believe I just said that!!!), but thick and rich and creamy. With MARSHMALLOWS, no whipped cream.

Warm spiced red wine

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
"A Snowshoe is a drink made from cocoa, Yukon Jack, and Rumpleminz." The recipe:
3/4 oz. Rumpleminz
3/4 oz. Yukon Jack
6-8 oz prepared hot cocoa.
Whipping cream
Ground cinnamon
Ground nutmeg
Combine all liquid ingredients. Top with whipped cream, dash of nutmeg and a dash of cinnamon.
Yukon Jack is a 100 proof licquor made from Canadian whisky. It reminds me of Southern Comfort. Rumpleminz is 100 proof German peppermint schnapps. They taste great after skiing.
And then there is beer. The All-season beverage. Keeps you cool in the Summer, warm in the Winter.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.