Chef Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
3,364 Posts
I'm waiting for a 210 Gyuto from him. I paid for it on 8-15-12 and the RR tracking says it arrived in NY on 8-23-12, but hasn't moved since. I called USPS and they told me there is no tracking on this end because he sent it Registered Mail when I paid extra for EMS. Been back and forth with him about it, but I'll just have to wait until it either shows up, or the window is open to dispute with paypal/ebay. I purchased this for a friend for her birthday Oct.1 - looks like I may be buying a Tojiro ITK from Mark at CKtG which I probably should have done in the first place.

· Registered
3,364 Posts
The 210mm Yamawaku Gyuto I ordered came today. It took an inquiry on his part to shake the tree. I have to say it is a fine blade!! Very well balanced, very well ground and very sharp. The spine is rounded as well as the choil - something I usually have to do myself. I like the handle too it has natural traction and is oval like my Deba. I'm used to a "D" shape, but this is comfortable. I almost want to keep it, but will order a 240mm Gyuto for myself. This maker has very good skills - the F&F on this is better than my Tojiro ITK. I have till Oct 1st to play with it /img/vbsmilies/smilies/thumb.gif

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.