Chef Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
5,777 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I don't get it. Do brussels sprouts turn bad?
Just playing on the myth that kids don't like brussel sprouts... so if they're bad and he eats them, he'll become bad as well.. 9 year old joke. ;) My son actually loves brussel sprouts.

iceman said:
Get your kid some psychological help.
No idea why you would say such a thing.

· Registered
5,777 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Green beans do benefit from a longer cooking time that is usually observed in most American restaurants nowadays. They develop a taste that you just don't have in a 5-min-sauteed green bean. We boil ours for about 15mn on average, until tender, then saute them in butter with garlic and parsley, sprinkle with lemon juice before serving.

Overcooked potatoes? I don't like those. The starch starts to transform into sugar and they get that sugary taste that I don't like.

Smelly brussel sprouts.. yes I can relate, I've had those as well. As well as smelly cabbage, smelly cauliflower... Some bad school restaurant memories. But if you prepare them right (and there are a few ways to do so) then they can be a delight.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.