Chef Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Founder
4,582 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok friends,

I check ChefTalk's standings in the search engines and today I typed in Chefs in the Lycos search engine.

I found this web site

http://www.chefs-food.com/

I mean can you believe this guy? If you don't get it then go to the ChefTalk.com main site and then look at this site.

What a complete and utter rip off!!!!!

·
Registered
1,403 Posts
Obviously a cheap rip-off, Nicko. The pages are slow and the content could do with a little more weight-don't you think?
Also, visually unappealing. The color scheme just doesn't work.
Keep up the good work, Nicko. People will know the best when they see it.

·
Founder
4,582 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I don't know, maybe it is just me but the guys looks an awful lot like the pilsbury dough boy to me...

:chef:

·
Registered
2,518 Posts
Pretty lame. The computer locked up on me when I visited.
But I did see one of the topics posted and if this is the kind of thing they want, I'm sure they'll attract the crowd they deserve.

Now thems good eats!:rolleyes:

·
Registered
591 Posts
i stumbled on this sight a few days ago myself. i thought it was very strange that everything looked like the forum i generally frequent. i guess you should take it as a compliment but i'd be mad if somebody ripped me off like that, too.

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
Hey! Watch the DoughBoy cracks!:D

·
Registered
131 Posts
i fail to see how toliets should be connected to the food....unless you have become violently sick....no thanks.

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
Regardless of how good the food is, the words "this too shall pass" come to mind :)

·
Registered
251 Posts
Nicko,the imposter who is copying ChefTalk is merely showing the limit of their imagination.I suppose it help`s to brighten up the lonely nights!
From the feedback from other people here,the other site could be likened to poor quality ingredients. This means if you start with rubbish,you`ll finish with rubbish. I,like everyone else,on ChefTalk want prime quality produce,that`s why we prefer to be here:)
Who wants mince when we can have steak:D Leo

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
Did you ever hear an amatuer guitarist play a Jimi Hendrix song? Do you remember how bad the guitarist sounded next to a legendary artist? Or how everybody listening to the rookie knew who the real deal was?

·
Registered
3,236 Posts
And to say it is illegal to just copy and paste someone else HTML code. Hope you'll give that guy a piece of your mind.

·
Registered
226 Posts
They guy doesn't even have his stuff sitting on his own domain... it's being hosted all over the place with the "chefs-food" URL being a frameset. Well, you web types will know what I mean :) Tacky at best... and slow...... Long live Nicko and ChefTalk!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.