Chef Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Super Moderator
7,190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Given that there is so dang much expertise on these boards, I was wondering if anyone would be interested in trading expertise in the form of classes. For example, I'd really like to learn pastillage, and since I'm an expert at punctuation, I'd give classes in using commas. Just a thought....

Kuan

·
Registered
1,841 Posts
Pastillage is one of my favorite sugar doughs to work with! It is a lot like gum paste.

I just did a cake this past weekend and it took about 10 hours to finish all of the work!

I am teaching at Sur la Table on November 19, restaurant desserts and Wedding cakes in January!

C'mon down! or up!

Sur la Table
Northern Blvd
Manhassett, NY

If you can get enough folks together interested I teach freelance and I am willing to travel!

Maybe someday, cheftalk.com will have a Culinary Growth Center where we can meet and trade secrets in person!

·
Registered
3,236 Posts
M,

Do you think you could share some photos of your work in pastillage? Would love to see some!

·
Registered
1,403 Posts
I'd be happy to teach spelling for the food service industry.
Two glaring mistakes that appear on menus ALL THE TIME:

"shitake" mushrooms-please people, SHIITAKE

and

"arugala"-properly spelled-ARUGULA

Why go to the expense of printing a menu on fancy paper with
fancy ink and not check the spelling of basic ingredients?

·
Registered
263 Posts
you really DID miss a comma. This is TOO funny! I spend all day marking comma errors! In a way, I love the instant messenger because I can do the no caps routine and ignore proper punctuation. I talk on the messsenger to some of my graduated students who are away at college, and we violate the grammar rules all over the place! so for all the others out there who luv to flout the rulz i say who needs commas and long live communication and fun

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.